Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July

We went up to the lake to enjoy July 4th this year. We had a great time with Jonathan's family! My side of the family was still recovering from the beach week :) We were only at the lake for the day so we tried to fit in as much excitement as we could!

Madison and Angie (Jonathan's sister)

We pulled the boat under a bridge and ate our lunch!

She was ready to jump in again!

Nancy and I took Luke and Madison back to the house to take a nap. Since we were only there for the day I didn't bother bringing pack-n-plays so I just decided they could sleep in a big bed for the FIRST time together! Well...let's just say it was a little rough. They thought they were big stuff in the big bed!! I put them down and I kept hearing them talking. I went back in after about 10 minutes and told them to lay down, then I went back in to change a poop, then Luke fell asleep and I had to go back in because Madison was playing with his face!!! Finally, she feel asleep and only slept 30 minutes! She woke up and then woke Luke up! Oh well, we will try again another time :)

When they woke up we were going to go back on the boat but a small rain storm moved through so we sat on the porch and let Luke and Madison play in the pool!! They LOVED it!

Madison thought it was hilarious when Luke poured water on her! He kept saying he was giving her a bath.

Such a pretty little girl!

Madison could not figure out how to make this face!

After dinner we went back out on the boat for a quick ride. They enjoyed riding with Nana!

Two handsome boys!

Luke wanted to try on everyone's sun glasses.

These next few pictures are of Jonathan's nephew Justin. He is a great skier and loves being out on the water! He cracks me up! He is so fun to be around!

He got up on his 2nd try slaloming! He was even brave enough to go over the waves!

Justin wake surfing

"Hey Natalie, get your camera ready! I am going to drop the rope!"
That is how this started. So I get my camera ready, he drops the rope, and he got a little too close to the boat and came right up on the boat!!!! I LOVE that I was able to capture his reaction! I only wish I got a picture of everyone else on the boat and how they reacted!!! Crazy kid!
Famous last words "Hey Ya'll, watch this!"
Heeelllloooooo Ladies! Such a stud!

Justin jumping backwards off the boat....love it!

It was getting late and we needed to head back so Nancy said let's just give them a quick bath in the sink!!! Fun Nana! They loved it!

Luke's turn!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment