Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"I Thought I Loved You Then"

Brad Paisley has a song out called "Then." It is a great song about how love grows as time goes by. Today Jonathan and I have been married for 3 years!

The chorus says...
And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

That is so true! Here is a picture of us in high school when we first started dating. I was so in love with this fun, amazing, good looking guy! This was 13 years ago! As many of you know we dated in high school and the first part of college, then broke up for a while and finally got back together after college. Even though we have only been married for 3 years we have known and been apart of each others lives for a long time!! And, I thought I loved him then...

Last night we were able to go out for our anniversary. We had dinner at Soby's and ice cream at Marble Slab!! Yum! It was so fun to sit and enjoy dinner! Life has been wonderful with Luke and Madison and we were able to praise God for our new family and what He has in store for us in the future. It is amazing to look at Jonathan now and think about how much I love him now. Seeing him as a father is the most wonderful thing and greater than I could have ever imagined. He never ceases to amaze me! Jonathan is my best friend, my patient husband, our hands on daddy, and God's perfect match for me!! I feel so blessed and can't wait to look back in 50 more years and say "I thought I loved him then."

Happy Anniversary, Jonathan!

4 comments:

  1. I thought about you both today and how this is your 3 year Anniversary! Time flies... So, Happy Anniversary to you and I'm so glad to hear you had a fun date night! You two are such an amazing couple and so good together! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! yall make a great couple. where was that first pic taken? i feel like i was there that night.... or at least i remember your plaid shorts.
    love yall and luke and madison are super lucky to call you as mom and dad.

    lindsay "addison" neely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary...glad ya'll got a night out! I love that dress...you look GREAT!!! Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post Nat! 13 years-wow! Hard to believe it's been that long...with so many memories! I love you guys and am still praying for you. Cute dress by the way-you aren't supposed to look that good so soon after having twins!

    ReplyDelete