Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!
We had a very busy Father's Day weekend! Jonathan and I started off on Thursday going to Atlanta for the night for our anniversary. We had a great time eating good food, enjoying a Braves game, and doing some shopping. We came back Friday night and on Saturday we had the babies dedication. Sunday we had lunch with my dad and went swimming (I didn't take a single picture...I was so upset!). Then Sunday night we drove to Iva to have Father's Day with Jonathan's dad and family. We had a great time!

You have heard the quote..."Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad." I think that is so true. It really does take someone special because it is not easy. There is a lot of weight put on your shoulders when you become a dad. You have to provide and take care of this growing family. That is why some men check out. I am so grateful that I fell in love...in high school...with a man that I knew would one day be an amazing dad. When I married Jonathan I knew we needed a few years on our own but I also couldn't wait to see how he would be as a dad. When we were at the doctor's office and they told us we were having twins I was the one that cried because I was shocked and scared out of my mind. Jonathan was the one that calmed me and said that is one for each of us to hold. He has proven to me day after day just how committed he is to our family, our marriage, and to God.

Happy Father's Day to a wonderful dad! I can only hope that Luke will turn out just like you and that Madison will look for a man like you one day!

We love you!
Natalie, Luke and Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment