Monday, November 15, 2010

Columbia Trip

I took Luke and Madison to Columbia a couple Thursday's ago to spend the night with one of our great sets of twin buddies! We stayed at Brenna's house. She has boy/girl twins, Quinn and Riley. They are only 9 weeks older than Luke and Madison. Several of our friends from Clemson also came to Columbia and stayed the night. Once we got the kids down Thursday night all the girls went out for dessert and coffee. It was great to just enjoy each other and not have to chase children around. Friday morning we all took the kids to the Riverbanks Zoo. It was amazing!! Here are some of the 100 pictures I took :)

When we pulled up to Brenna's this is how Quinn and Riley were waiting for us! It was SO sweet! Madison joined them as I unloaded the car.

This is what dinner looks like with 2 sets of twins and Miss Ella! We were glad they were able to join us and spend the night too!

I know I have shared before but Luke LOVES dogs! Big or little it doesn't matter! Here he was taking a rest with Haley.

Going for a ride

This is how he hugs dogs. It is so funny. He goes at them head first with his arms down. Such a sweet, loving little guy!

Mattice (or Jessica Coleman) with Ella

Brenna with Quinn and Riley....thanks again for letting us stay with you!

Rub a dub dub FIVE in a tub! Wow that is a lot of kids!

I LOVE this picture! They had matching pj's!

Lions, and tigers, and BEARS!

Kangaroo!

"What are you lookin' at??" This was SO cool! You could walk up on this deck and be eye to eye with the giraffes!

The twin troopers! The zoo was very crowded and we knew if we got them out, as active as they are now, they would be all over the place and hard to keep up with. So, these amazing kids stayed happy as they could be in their strollers! It was one of those moments where you want to cry. I did feel bad but they didn't seem to mind. We did get them out at the end and let them run around! We are planning on going back with 2 of us so they can run wild and free :)
(Ps. I need to give Madison some ladylike lessons!)

The whole group! What an amazing group of girls! I wish we all lived on the same street but we are spread out all over SC. I am glad we are able to get together and share what all is going on in our lives. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with these women! Who knew this would be us....all these kids and strollers and diaper bags and sippy cups! It seems like yesterday we were hanging out in Calhoun worried about what Schilletter was having for dinner!

Luke and Madison watching the penguins

I survived my first night away with both of them on my own! We missed Daddy! They were looking for him when we got up Friday morning!

Thanks for the memories girls! I am looking forward to many more trips and watching our kids grow up together!

1 comment:

  1. wow, it's the old Bible study group! it's so great that you ladies have kept up all these years and still do get-togethers. such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete