Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jennifer's Baby Shower

On Sunday, Jennifer had a beautiful baby shower at my Aunt Sharon's house. We had a great time with family and friends. She got a TON of wonderful things....times 2! It was funny to watch her face as she started realizing that she had 2 of everything!! I feel so blessed to be able to share this amazing blessing with my very own sister. Twins are so special and even though the thought at first is very overwhelming the joy of raising twins has been more than I could have imagined. I know she will feel the same way!! We are excited to meet Parker Vaughn and Dylan Carter in just a few short months!

My beautiful sister

The decorations were adorable!

Her face is priceless! This is when she realized...."Oh wow, there's two of everything!"

I know I have bragged on Austin before but let me just say again how much I LOVE this little guy! He LOVES his mommy SO much! He is such a great kid and I am so glad Luke and Madison have Austin to look up to. He is going to be an amazing big brother!!!!

This was my favorite gift from Jennifer's mother-in-law. How funny!?! Class of 2032! Wow!

Best buddies! Austin was saying, "Luke, you and I need to stick together today! You are going to hear a lot of 'Lord have mercies' and they are going to pinch your cheeks. Trust me I have been here before! We just stay together and we can get through this!"


"Loooorrrddd haaaavvveee meerrrcccyyy!"
Mrs. Linda holding Madison

Jennifer and a good college friend, Larkin, who is also due in February with her 3rd child...a little boy.

Welcome to my Aunt Jenny's shower...come on in!

Love this!

Our grandmother, Meme, on the left and her two sisters on the right

The wonderful hostesses! My aunt Sharon, Nikki (my cousin Brent's girlfriend), and Megan (my cousin Blake's wife). THANK YOU!

My cousin, Chad, swinging with Luke, Austin, and Madison

Mom, Jennifer, and I

Gabby and Gida (sp) :)
One baby for each to hold!

Oh this little guy LOVES dogs! Getting kisses from Teddy :)

Oh Naphtali! What a doll! This is my cousin Blake's wife's sister's daughter! Did you get that?? She is hilarious! She did not want to take her 'sunnies' off the whole shower. She also walked in with her fur coat on! She did not want to smile for the picture so I just struck a pose with her :)

Jennifer is due on February 15th. They will not let her go past 37 weeks. We are expecting them to arrive mid January. We ask for your prayers that she would get some rest. We also ask that you pray for her blood pressure to stay low, her body not to swell, and for the babies to continue to develop and grow! She has done amazing thus far! I can't wait to hold Parker and Dylan and introduce them to Luke and Madison! How blessed we are!! We give all the glory to our Heavenly Father!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you get to share having twins with your sister! I am praying for Jennifer, and those sweet boys to grow big and strong before they make their arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!! Especially the one of you and Naphtali!! So stinking adorable! hahaha! You are the sweetest sister in the whole world, and I can't wait for there to be so many babies around!! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, goosebumps all over after that!! I am so excited for Jennifer. Ya'll are so lucky to have eachother! Prayers are with her through (and after) January!! You'll have to keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete