Saturday, June 18, 2011

Edventure Museum

Last week my mom, sister, and I took all the kids (Austin, Parker, Dylan, Luke and Madison) to Edventure in Columbia. The trip down there had me saying, "If I hear 'I get out' one more time I am going to pull this car over and spank someone's bottom!"...I thought I would never say those words. Well never say never (as Justin Beiber says). Ha! All I kept thinking, as we made a pit stop in Newberry because I HAD to stop to go to the bathroom and all the kids needed to stretch their legs, was we are going to drive almost FIVE hours to the beach in a couple of weeks?!?!? The planning for entertainment has begun!

So now on to Edventure! It was amazing!!! We got there about 10:30 and didn't leave until 3:30! It was non-stop playing! It is always so much fun to watch Luke, Madison, and Austin play together! Parker and Dylan were troopers and enjoyed laying back watching their brother and cousins play. If you have not gone to Edventure I really recommend you try it! Here are some pictures from our day...

So sweet. We were waiting to pay and Luke and Austin were so excited! They just sat in awe of Eddy!

Just a good ole boy!

Austin loved milking the cow!

Filling the car up with gas

Gabby helping Austin change a tire

Love this!! They all loved the construction site!

Caution: Little girls at work

Luke playing in the fire truck

Grocery shopping

Jennifer telling Austin what he owed for groceries...good lesson...this stuff isn't cheap!

Luke and I checking out

Such a cutie

So funny! Madison trying to put this huge tooth in the guys mouth

Parker was out for the count!

This picture makes me laugh! There was a space exhibit outside of the museum. When we went through it they told us there was a moon rock you could touch. There are only 8 rocks in the world you can touch and this was one of them. Well, it didn't even look like a rock. It was tiny, black, and really smooth. You can see the amazement and wonder in Austin's eyes :)

Blast Off!

The water area was a perfect break in the day!!! They were soaked but had a blast!

Checking out the butterfly garden

Gabby and all her grandkids

Luke, Madison, and I with Eddy

Jennifer and Austin

This was a news room. You could sit at the news desk and read the news into the camera. Then you could report the weather. We had so much fun in this room! I think we were all naturals. Watch out Carol Goldsmith! Gabby was amazing at the weather :)

Music room. They loved jumping on the keys and making music.

Luke playing the piano

Good laughs!! You had to balance on these surfboards. It was so funny watching all the kids try to balance! I was impressed!

Austin did great!!

Climbing the rock wall

Love this picture of Madison trying to figure this out!!

Dylan (I think)...so sweet!

The red bug was their favorite part of the museum! They loved playing in the car.
They went from this to....

THIS....five minutes after we got in the car!

We had a great time and would go back tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment