Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Luke and Madison

Friday, April 30th was their actual birthday. We enjoyed a relaxing day. Here are some pictures from their birthday...(Birthday party post below!)

Good morning sunshine! It's your birthday!

"Mom, is today the day?"

Seeing Daddy before he heads to work

Growing up my brother, sister, and I would always decorate each other's doors for birthdays. It was always fun to open your door on your birthday and see streamers and signs. I thought I would carry on the tradition :)

My sweet cousin, Chad, came by on their birthday to say hey!
(All the single ladies...call me if you need his number)

Jonathan and I made cupcakes with homemade icing for them to enjoy on their birthday. We knew they were going to get a big cake the next day at their party but we thought we may give them a trial run and see how they do.

Madison is checking out the flame

You have to love those first few moments. They are so curious and cautious!

"Mom, what is this and why have you been hiding it from me!"
A woman's first taste of chocolate should always be documented :)

As you can tell, Madison loved it!!!

We kept saying that we should take it away because we didn't want them to get sick. Then we would say just one more minute. It was too funny watching them!

So good!

....and this is what happened when we started taking it away!!! I felt bad taking a picture of her crying like this but her reaction was priceless!

I am not sure what they loved more...eating the cupcakes or playing in the water after. They had cupcake everywhere!!

After they were cleaned up and in their pj's it was time to open presents from mommy and daddy.

We knew they were going to get a ton at their party so we just bought them something little. Luke is in love with balls right now so we got him a big soccer ball!! You can see how excited he was! I can hear him now, "ball ball ball!"

Madison got a little doll

Daddy with Luke and Madison

Mommy with Luke and Madison

So how do you sum up in words, on you blog, what this past year has meant? How do I explain it? This past year has affirmed much of what I already knew...that I married an amazing man! I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I married Jonathan and almost 3 years later God entrusted us with twins. They allowed me to fall in love with Jonathan all over again. To watch him as a dad is the most amazing thing! To see how hard he works for us so that I can stay home. I am so thankful for our marriage, for our friendship, and for our teamwork this past year!

Luke and Madison,
A year ago, I remember laying on that bed and they came in to tell me it was time to bring you guys into the world. So many emotions ran through me. I was so nervous and excited. The moment I heard your cry I knew you were ours to take care of. Every day has been a joy to see you learn and grow. Your daddy and I can't wait to see what the next years hold! We are looking forward to teaching you about God's love and about His forgiveness. We want you to love life and love others. Thank you for your smiles, your laughs, and your sweet faces!

Happy Birthday little bits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment