Monday, May 10, 2010

1st Birthday Celebration

We had Luke and Madison's 1st birthday party on Saturday, May 1st. We were blessed to have a ton of family and friends there to celebrate with us! We took over 300 pictures (and you know I am bad about choosing just a few) so here are a lot! :)

The table was ready! My wonderful friend, Courtney, has a very talented grandmother that made the babies cakes and the sheet cake. They looked amazing! I loved the big cupcakes! I did a clothesline of pictures from their first year. It covered both sides of the room. I just wanted to sit and look over and over those pictures. It was incredible to see how much they had grown! What wonderful memories we have!

Their seats were ready to go! I still can't believe they are one!

Our beautiful little birthday girl, Madison, with her great-grandmother (Meme)

Our handsome little birthday boy, Luke.

Getting ready to open some presents!

How fun! We have officially opened our own personal Toys-R-Us in our house!

Madison got her first bikini!!! We are waiting on Daddy's approval :)

She loved her first real doll!

Luke loved this little monkey!

Luke has always held onto Madison. I have pictures from when they were just a few months old and he would have his sweet little hand on her! This picture makes me think that Madison was a little nervous and Luke leaned over to say, "It's ok Madison. This is going to be fun!"

I am glad we were able to catch this picture because the rest of them with the hats on they were crying! This is why I wanted the cheap hats...I knew they wouldn't last long!

Here come the cakes. We sang to each one of them separately...that is why there is a candle on Madison's cake and not on Luke's :)

Yum! Luke loved it! He was a little slow to begin but then really got into it!

Madison dug right in!

"Hey, let me try some of yours!"

"Quick, she's not looking!!"

People will often say when they see us with twins, "Oh, bless your heart." You know how they are saying it...like they feel sorry for you. But I always think, and often respond with, "Yes God did! He blessed us with two precious children!"

In the eye, in the hair, EVERYWHERE!

Our amazing group of friends! Thank you for being just a phone call away this year when I had questions! You mean the world to Jonathan and I!

It takes a village to raise children...Well, here is our village! Thank you for the time you invested in Luke and Madison! Thank you for the prayers and words of encouragement!

My cousin, Chad, and Madison. She loves him! (I think she may have his heart too)

Uncle Chad, my nephew Austin, and Madison

They look a little party pooped!

We had a wonderful day celebrating the life God gave them this past year!
We can't wait to see what adventures and memories we will build this year!

3 comments:

  1. Natalie-What GREAT photos and such SWEET babies!! I am so glad to see the pictures and share in the day. I wish so bad I could be there and watch you and Jonathan as parents. I know you are fabulous!

    I giggled at the bikini photo-a little friend gave us some clothes she had outgrown and included a bikini for Ashlyn. Ashlyn put it on and asked where the rest of it and then she said "I can't wear this-daddy be MAD!" Ha! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos! It looks like quite a memorable day for everyone. Natalie, they are such beautiful babies and I know you are a wonderful mother to them. Congrats on surviving the first year :) Looking forward to reading all about year 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on surviving the first year... with twins that is a HUGE deal! :) Way to go! :) Can't believe your little ones are already one... they grow up quick. We are right behind you... two more weeks. :( The party looked like a lot of fun... love the picture banner you made. A friend of mine did the same thing when her little girls turned one and I cannot wait to make one for McKay. Happy b-day Madison and Luke!

    ReplyDelete