Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy 85th Birthday Papa Vaughn

My grandfather, Luke and Madison's great grandfather, turned 85 on April 18th. My mom, Jennifer, and I took Parker, Dylan, Luke, and Madison over to see him yesterday. My cousin Chad was able to come too. My Meme and Papa enjoyed the afternoon holding the babies and watching Luke and Madison go up and down the stairs in their backyard. We even brought Papa a special birthday surprise!!

Meme holding Parker. He is starting to smile and I love it! He gave us a little smile for this one.

Jennifer and Dylan

Meme with Parker

Meme and Papa with their great-grandkids. We missed Austin but he was at school. I love this one because Parker is smiling in it.

I loved both of these so much I posted both.

Meme and Parker

The Birthday Boy! Papa is an amazing man and an wonderful example. He is such a hard worker! He has taken such good care of our family. Words can describe how much we love, respect, and appreciate this precious man!

Jen and I made a picture too

My sweet Meme's hands with Parker's feet

Papa's hard working hands with Dylan's feet

Papa's favorite sweet is banana pudding so when Chick-Fil-A came out with a banana pudding milkshake we knew that would be the perfect birthday surprise. We even put a candle in the straw so we could sing happy birthday!!

Not the best picture (a little too bright) but too funny not to post! Jennifer pushing Uncle Chad in the wheelbarrow!

Happy 85th Birthday Papa!

The night before we went to Iva to celebrate Jonathan's grandmother's 92nd birthday! She and Papa share the same birthday. I forgot my camera!!! :( We had a great time playing outside and eating a yummy supper! We both feel so blessed to have such amazing grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment