Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

The passy has been our friend. Luke and Madison love it at nap time and bedtime. We don't let them have it outside of their bed. Well, we reached a point when we felt like it was time to say goodbye. I think I was the one who was the most nervous! I was nervous about how they would do without it. They are still in the same room together and I felt like if one woke up before the other one the passy would keep them quiet so the other could sleep. I talked to several friend who had taken their child's passy away and they all said it went pretty smoothly. So, we planned for Easter. I had a grand idea that we would give them to Parker and Dylan, their 4 month old twin cousins, in Easter eggs. We talked about how they were babies and needed a passy but Luke and Madison were big now because they were almost 2 and they didn't need a passy anymore. They would shake their head in agreement so I felt like it was going to go ok. Now looking back it probably was not the best day to do this! We had such a busy day with church, then lunch at my aunt's house, a quick 45 minute nap on the way to Jonathan's sister's house for dinner, then not getting home until 9:30!! Maybe it wasn't the best night to do it but it was too late to change our mind. We gave Parker and Dylan their passy at my Aunt's house so I didn't have ANY at our house anymore. Luke and Madison have always gone to bed really easy!! So let's just say we put them down around 9:30 and the crying/screaming began. They finally fell asleep at 10:45 after some loving discipline. It was so hard. I was in tears by the time they fell asleep! Again, looking back I would not do it on such a busy day when I felt like they were over tired!! So the next few day were a little rough. I thought Madison would have the hardest time without it but surprisingly Luke had a harder time. We had a lot of tears shed at nap time and bedtime. Thankfully, every day it was a little shorter. Now, over a week later we are down to 30 seconds of crying then sound asleep. No wonder people don't want to get rid of them! I just knew it would only getter harder the longer they kept them. So here are a few pictures of Luke and Madison giving Parker and Dylan their passy.

We put them in eggs to give to Parker and Dylan :)


Madison saying her final goodbyes. "You have been so good to me passy! I will miss you!"


Giving Madison the basket of eggs...does it look like I am holding on tight??


Madison giving the babies her passy


This picture makes me laugh! Luke was holding on to it with his teeth and I was trying to pull it out! Such a funny picture!

Goodbye passy! Thank you for the past 2 years! We will miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya friend! Just got rid of Caleb's like a month ago. Had some LATE nights and days of no naps, but he understood that it was going bye bye! I think I was the one that was more nervous to do it, too!

    ReplyDelete