Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A is for Apple

With school starting back I started to get the itch!  After teaching 1st grade for 6 years I miss the lesson plans and being creative on a weekly basis.  So the Clayton Curriculum began :)  I decided we would do a letter a week.  We read a lot of fun books like Ten Apples Up On Top by Dr. Seuss and we even made a book about Adam and Eve.  We sang songs like our ABC's, and The Ants Go Marching.  Here are some pictures of some fun things we did with the letter Aa!

 We ate yummy food like apple cinnamon oatmeal, animal crackers, applesauce, and alphabet cereal

 We made the letter Aa with glue and sand

 We did apple paintings by cutting an apple in half and dipping it in paint.  By the time I got my camera out Luke was all done so I only captured Madison painting.  They both LOVED this!

 So fun!

 I think Madison filled up 4 papers!

 We made an alligator puppet and sang "5 Little Monkeys teasing Mr. Alligator ~Can't catch me!"

 We had apple snacks with peanut butter and raisins

A is also for Aquarium!!!

 I wanted to take a "field trip" each week to a place that starts with that letter.  My mom, sister, her boys (Austin, Parker, and Dylan), and Luke, Madison, and I drove to Atlanta to meet my brother, Ryan, at the Georgia Aquarium!!  I was AMAZED at the place!  If you haven't gone yet plan a trip!

 We went to the dolphin show!!  It made me want to be a dolphin trainer when I grow up :)  
I think God had other plans and I am glad he did!

 Luke kept saying "Wow!" when the dolphins jumped out of the water

 The water was reflecting on the ceiling and Madison was amazed!

 So many fish!!!

 Buddies

 This tunnel was awesome!  You walk through it with all the huge fish swimming right over your head!  Sharks!  Stingrays!

 Getting them both to look and smile these days is a huge accomplishment :)

 My favorite room!  So cool!  You felt like you were swimming with them!

 Luke and Madison weren't too sure about being able to touch these!

 Penguins!!

 We got their faces painted!  They both sat so still!  Madison was trying to figure out all of the paintings this lady had on her :)

 Luke got Nemo, Austin got a whale, and Madison was suppose to get Elmo but it looks more like a blowfish/crab!

 The Aquarium had a neat playground!  You could go down this huge whale slide!

 The playground was a nice break so mom and Jen could feed the boys and let them get out for a few minutes.  We had to have at least them contained to keep up with the other 3!!

 Austin getting ready to touch the stingray!

 Parker and Dylan were perfect!!!  They just chilled and enjoyed all the beautiful colors and lights!

 Gabby with Austin, Madison, and Luke in the fish bowl!

 Austin and Luke checking out the albino alligator

 These dolphins are all over Atlanta!  We stopped to get our picture with one on the way out.

 Just one more because these 2 are so stinkin' cute!!!

 Then I tried to get Austin in on the picture and this is what happens!!  Madison is done and walking away, Luke is climbing the dolphin, and Austin is trying to show the camera a toy!  Oh well...

 My beautiful sister and her boys

I couldn't think of a better way to end our trip than with a yummy dinner at a Mexican restaurant!  Luke enjoyed the cheese dip :)

A is for All Done :)  We had a great time with Uncle Ryan and the rest of the clan!
I am ready to go back!!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure you hear this all the time, but worth hearing all over again. You are one the best Mommies I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute idea! teaching your own kids is much harder than teaching others (at least i think so). good luck! wait to hear about the other letters--where in the world will you go for X?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so impressed! Going to Atlanta and the aquarium was a weekend trip for us, I can't imagine doing it in a day. You are amazing and I was wondering if I can send my kids to you for preschool? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete