Monday, September 5, 2011

B is for Brownies and Baseball

Last week we had fun with the letter Bb.  We read fun books like The Baby BeeBee Bird and Brown Bear, we ate yummy food like broccoli, biscuits, blueberries, and bologna, and we visited a bagel shop, a bakery, and went to a Greenville Drive baseball game!  It was a fun week!  I will say that it has been really funny working on letters because we will talk about them throughout the day and then when Jonathan comes home I will ask them to tell Jonathan about what letter we are talking about and for some reason Luke always says "U"!!  So even if all of this is not sinking in at the young age of 2 it is still fun for them...and me!

 Making brownies with Daddy

Luke helping Daddy stir

Yummy!

Luke and Madison enjoying their brownies on the deck

We went to Greenfield's Bagel shop with my step-dad Jackie

They thought they were big stuff sitting by themselves in the booth eating their bagels.  They wanted Jackie and I to sit on one side and them on the other!

Luke, Madison, and Papa at Greenfield's

My mom kept them one day while I ran some errands and they had fun with the letter B too!  They made bead bracelets, the letter B with glitter glue, and played with bubbles!  Way to go Gabby!

They also enjoyed the banana and strawberry milkshake Gabby made them!

We made ABC french fries!  They had fun singing their ABC's and helping me put them in order.  They were cute but tasted pretty yuck!

We made bumble bee footprints!  They were adorable!!  Thank you Pinterest...my new addiction!

We ate alphabet soup :)

We met Daddy for lunch one day to eat barbecue at Little Pigs Bar-B-Q

We went to a local bakery called Gretchen's ABC Cakes and Bakery

Luke loved his cupcake!

Madison helped me make homemade banana bread!

"Is it done yet?"

I am not a baker but I must say that it was pretty tasty!!

Stay tuned for a post about the Greenville Drive Baseball Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment