Friday, October 28, 2011

And Exhale

A while ago my dad purchased some land in Asheville.  We grew up on my dad's farm in Greenville with horses but he sold that property a long time ago.  I was so excited when he got this land!  He has been working really hard building and making it livable so that hopefully one day we can all go stay there!  My dad and I took Luke and Madison to the property last week to see the progress.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  Perfect time of year to drive up there!  I really don't know how to choose my favorite pictures out of the 177 I took!!!  I will do my best :)

I loved all the details!

The wood floors, huge wooden beans on the ceiling, and wooden banisters made it feels so warm and cozy!

My dad makes a living buying and selling antiques so it was cool to see the little antique touches throughout the house!

Madison found a chair just her size!

I love the look of this old plane!

My dad had these old canes so Luke and Madison used them to walk around the whole house!  It was so funny!

Dad and the kids off the upstairs balcony

Papa Don and Maddie

This is one of those pictures I think know I will cherish forever!  Dad had an old banjo and he was showing Madison how to play.

That face...

Ha!  Luke's face cracks me up!!

Please stay this little and always want to help Papa Don open the gate

This was our transportation around the land!  Before you call DSS on me they did have seat belts and we only rode on grass :)

Dad has 5 horses...one colt...I could be around them everyday!

Love this little guy!

This picture takes my breath away!  I think of how small he is and how big and strong that horse is.  Something about this picture reminds me of our relationship with God...maybe it is just me and in this moment :)

He did not want to get out of the jeep!  He would laugh when we hit bumps and told Papa Don to go faster!

Madison striking a pose

My dad had this cute little beaver in the jeep that Luke and Madison carried around with them most of the day (you will see it make its appearance in most pictures).

We felt like we were on top of the world

My dad was being funny putting Luke and Madison in all these different poses!

I see you!

They love their Papa Don!

And this is where I exhaled!  You get on top of the hill and look around and this was all we saw!  God's amazing creation that reflects his glory daily!

Luke and Madison didn't want to leave the horses!

You know when you have a picture in your head but then you realize "Oh wait, I have two 2 year olds who don't always love to sit still and both don't look and smile at the camera at the same time!"  It's ok!  I will take what I can get!

Throwing rocks into the creek

Good shot Dad!

It is amazing how just a few feet off the ground can make you feel HUGE!

Chillin'

This view was so cute!

The view of the back of Dad's house

Fun picture

We even saw a llama!

Gorgeous!

I loved seeing this barn

One last ride on a cool antique toy before we hit the road

What a great day!  It felt good to just be on farm land and get dirty!  Luke and Madison were covered in dirt and smelled like horses but I LOVED it!  I am ready to go back!

1 comment:

  1. How AWESOME!! :) It looks like the best place to make many memories as they grow up! So many precious pictures! How in the world are you going to pick pictures for their yearbook and wedding slideshows? ;)

    ReplyDelete