Thursday, October 7, 2010

17 Months Old

On September 30th, Luke and Madison turned 17 months old! Are they really almost a year and a half! I know I say every stage is my favorite but this stage really is fun and they make me laugh all the time! Madison speaks fluent Japanese! She talks all the time and it is so funny because she looks at you like you are suppose to understand what she is saying. I need to get it on video! Luke says a lot of words now! He loves to say dog, wow, and most of his body parts! I am learning how to break up fights and modeling how to forgive. One of the best books I have read is called "Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman. It is a mom's look at heart-oriented discipline. She gives great examples of how to help your child work through why they are sinning and disobeying. It is challenging me to learn a lot of scripture so I will be able to use God's word to train them and redirect their behavior.

So here are some pictures...what you really wanted to see!

This is how she rolls :)

My sister let us borrow one of Austin's outside toys. Luke and Madison LOVE it!

I think the first day Madison went down the slide 100 times and Luke opened and shut the door 100 times! It is funny to watch what entertains them!

Madison has a ponytail....well kind of! The front looks a little rough but it is cute from behind!

Free shipping to Grandma's! He thinks it is hilarious to walk around with this box on his head!

Luke loves to play with cars, build with blocks, and read books!

So, do you have that one cabinet they are allowed to play in?? We do. It is the tupperware cabinet. But, they have now figured out how to climb in it and shut the door....BOTH of them in it!

Do you see a little head behind Madison? That is Luke! They both get in it and shut the door!

Here they are getting out. This will be one of those things I will tell them about when they are older. Can you believe you could both fit in this cabinet??

We are really working on saying sorry if they hurt one another. They are great at giving each other hugs! I caught Madison loving on her brother!

I spy Madison! She loves to sit in her seat and have me pile all her animals and dolls on top of her! Madison loves to walk around with her purses, play with her animals, and read books too!

Llama, llama, red pajama! We love this book! He looks like such a big boy!

These are the moments when I want to just cry. I was in the kitchen and I looked over and there they were sitting back to back reading books together! I ran to grab my camera hoping they wouldn't move!

Twins are an amazing gift. Their bond is amazing. I remember being so overwhelmed with the thought of two. When the nurse told us we were having twins I started crying and I said to Jonathan, "What if one runs this way and the other one runs that way." Well...they do! I guess you just learn as you go how to handle them. I can't imagine our lives without these two blessings! They inspire me to be a better mom. They inspire me to praise God for who He!

Ephesians 3: 20-21 says "Now to him who is ABLE to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Amen!" It is encouraging to know that whatever impossible situation we go through we serve a God who is ABLE to do above and beyond what we could ever imagine! Jonathan and I are so grateful that God gave us more than we could have imagined!

2 comments:

  1. Ok I can't read your blogs or see pictures of your babies without crying...they are the most precious little angels ever!!! I LOVE them!!!! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I loved "catching up" on your blog :) We have to get our babies together to play again soon!

    ReplyDelete