Monday, October 25, 2010

Nascar Baby!

My step-dad, Jackie, is a big race fan. He always has been! He use to drive the tow trucks at races. He met my mom when I was in 10th grade and I thought that was the most redneck thing ever! Well, one weekend he took my friend Danielle and I to our first race in Atlanta. We ended up loving it. For Father's Day this year we told him we wanted to take him to the Nascar Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC. We loaded up in a 15 passenger van for the day. We had a GREAT time! They had SO much to do there! There was a lot of history to read and see as well as a lot of hands on activities. I think more than anything we were happy to just spend the day with family and enjoying the amazing blessing that God put in our lives...We love you Jackie! Thank you for all you have done for our family!

Austin pushing Madison

Papa Jackie and Gabby walking with Luke

Jackie explaining to Austin what happens when a tire blows up :)

Austin recognized this car from the movie Cars!

I love this picture! The boys...

The engineer and body man checking out the engines

#3 was Jackie's man...now he has 3 grandkids to share it with

HOW FUN WAS THIS?!?!? Jonathan, Ty, and I were able to act like a pit crew and change a tire and fill it up with gas! I wish I had a video for how funny this was! I think we did a pretty good job!

Peek-a-boo I see you!

Go! Go! Go! Austin changing a tire!

Madison LOVES her Uncle Ty! I think she has him a little wrapped up too :)

Getting some kisses from her Papa

So, you could actually get in some of the cars and drive them like a video game. I was horrible! All the boys beat me! Ty took home the winning lap. I really wanted to show these boys up but I kept wrecking!

Best buddies

Me and my little man

Hello?? There was a neat tool shop and as we were looking in it the phone rang. Austin answered it and a man told him about the tools.

He is going to kill me for putting this on here :) Jonathan almost took home a great souvenir.
They are so sweet!

I think it took about 5 minutes for them to fall asleep!!

What a great, fun day!

1 comment:

  1. We went there during the summer and I was amazed at how nice that place is. Definitely the best hall of fame I've been to and I'm not even a Nascar fan. Looks like you guys had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete