Sunday, January 30, 2011

21 Months Old

Luke and Madison turned 21 months old today. It scares me for 2 reasons. First, because I think about how in 3 short months they will be TWO!!!! Two two year olds! Second, because I feel like I am going to turn around and they will be 21 years old!

Well, this past month I have taken a TON of pictures...just not many of Luke and Madison! I have been busy snapping as many pictures as I can of Parker and Dylan. I went to make this post today and I usually have to choose out of 200 pictures or so from each month but this month I only have a handful. I will do better this coming month! This past month we have enjoyed story time at our local library, play dates with friends, and even a music class with some friends at a house in Easley. We have celebrated lots of family birthdays and new births :) It has been a busy month of January!

We had a couple yucky colds this month. One that we are trying to get over now :( Luke also got a fresh hair cut. I am still trying to get use to the brush down look. I could still eat those cheeks!!!! Luke is very curious and likes to check things out. He loves to play with cars and throw balls. He is so smart! With a little help he can count to 10 (of coarse he never does it when you ask him to though) and loves to sing his ABC's! It amazes me how he memorizes things. We always sing the same songs at night and he now loves to sing them with us. Including a song that names everyone in our family!! He loves to run with his chicken arm...hilarious!

Madison is our non-stop little girl! She is into everything and I have started asking "Ok, where would Madison put it?" We found Jonathan's work expense check in the trash the other day! She talks all the time! Not really sure what all she is saying but she tries. She LOVES to wear her bracelet (in the picture), carry her purse, talk on her phone, and hold Luke's hand to walk around. I can already tell that she is going to be a great little mommy. She has the funniest laugh! She and Luke are great at pointing out letters on their letter mat in the playroom. Right now they can find A, L, M, P, and T. They both love to act out the book "Five Little Penguins" which is similar to "Five Little Monkeys".

They are taking one nap that usually lasts anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours.

They are big helpers! Luke was helping me put some baby clothes back up after we went through them for Parker and Dylan.

Madison loves to go through their diaper bag! She also loves to put diapers on her own dolls.

They think it is hilarious to slide around on the floor! They love to do it on their tummies or scoot around on their rears!

This past month we had our friends, Josh and Jennifer, over to celebrate their engagement!!! Congrats you guys! We can't wait until the July wedding!

Luke and Madison had a tea party

Our friend Courtney even stopped by for a visit! We love it when she comes! Don't let Madison's face fool you! She was excited too!

She even read us some stories!

It has been a great month for our family. It feels weird having to clarify now when I say "the babies"...which ones?...Luke and Madison or Dylan and Parker? I guess I will start calling them "the toddlers". They are so fun right now. I know I say every stage is my favorite but I really love this one. They make me laugh all the time! I am enjoying where God has me right now so much! We continue to ask for prayer as we seek God's wisdom in raising our two precious children! Happy 21 Months Luke and Madison!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a 3 hour nap--i can only dream about that! They are soo stinkin cute and getting so big, too! The time is just flying by!

    ReplyDelete