Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anticipation Kills Me!

Jennifer went into the hospital a couple days before she had the boys because she was having some contractions. They gave her 2 different types of medicine but were unable to stop the contractions. I know those 2 days felt like forever...waiting and wondering when you are going to be able to meet your little boys! It feels like every doctor and every nurse tells you something different! Here are some pictures leading up to the big day and big moment!!!

What do you do while you sit in a hospital room waiting for your boys to round 3rd base and slide home???...You straighten hair and read People magazine! Mom and I went up on Thursday to hang out with Jen and we had a blast!

Jennifer's hair looks amazing! She does not even look pregnant here! Now that her hair was done and makeup applied we were ready for these boys to come but they had other plans in mind. They needed just one more night in mommy's warm tummy! Little did we know that they would be making their appearance the next day!

Fast forward to the next day (Friday January 14th). I get a call around 5am saying you better get up, get dressed, put on your ice skates (because they roads were still bad from the "Blizzard of 2011") and head to the hospital because Jennifer's water broke around 4am!! I was flying to get ready before Luke and Madison woke up! When they got up I know they thought I was crazy because I was running around the house getting them dressed and fed and in the car! My amazing Aunt volunteered to watch them so that I could be at the hospital with Jennifer. I got to the hospital around 8:30 or 9.

This picture has GREAT meaning! When my mom was delivering us in the hospital (with NO meds!!!) she said she remembers my dad standing by the bed throwing M&M's in the air eating them as she was in AWFUL pain! We have always thought that was so funny and we can all picture him doing that so with each child we have had we always reenact this moment!

We stared at this to watch contractions....

They gave her an epidural and many of you know how it knocks you out!!! Jen couldn't keep her eyes open! I think she looks absolutely beautiful here!!

About to welcome their 2 precious little boys into the world!

Anytime you deliver twins you have to do it in the OR (Operating Room) just in case there are any complications they will be set up to switch to a c-section. Jennifer was able to push a little in the labor and delivery room before the took her to the OR. Mom and I were able to help her and it was amazing!!! This picture is right when they started to take her into the OR. I think it is such a sweet, priceless picture of mom and Jen!

And there they go! They took her back around 11:25.

Stay tooned...the next post is Parker and Dylan's arrival!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment